Skip to main content

An Open Letter To The Person Dragging Me Down

Today we got into it, just like any other day except for the fact that you were drunk and more verbally abusive than normal. During the day, we had a heart to heart in which I thought you were being sincere. You told me you feel so bad about yourself for being such a disappointment all of your life which is why you turn to beer Which deep down, I know is just part of the pity party you throw yourself daily. I told you that everyone that you have disappointed throughout your life doesn't give a shit anymore because they are out there living their lives, the ones you are disappointing the most are your kids and I. You were speechless, so I thought we had some sort of a breakthrough. As the night went on, I watched a movie with my little ones,  eventually falling asleep on the couch while you sat in front of the house and drank maybe 8 bottles of beer and half of a bottle of wine. When you decided you wanted more, you woke  me up out of a dead sleep trying to convince me about how if I gave you the money for one more bottle of wine it would help you break the habit, and whatever other bullshit you spewed as I was half asleep, I didn't fully awaken until you said under your breath as you walked away that you were going to sell my $800 camera for $100. You know my camera is my favorite thing and that I love taking pictures, you are so mean spirited. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my camera case and faced you with a "wtf is wrong with you" as expected, you started to throw your insults left and right but what stayed in my mind this evening was when you said "No one understands why you're with me and its because you don't know who the fuck you are -  as soon as you figure it out you're not going to be with me anymore." The last statement you made to me during this argument solidified how valuable my efforts are to break out of this abusive, mentally and physically draining relationship. Did you know that I have begun going to therapy because of the emotional damage that has been done to me by you? I'll let you know that I am steps closer to breaking the cycle with the help I am getting to recognize you for what you truly are, a broken and abusive man. Through the power of prayer and therapy, I will get through this and I will achieve a happy, safe life for my babies and I because we deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Domestic Violence?

What is Domestic violence? Domestic violence is a crime that almost always has no face or voice,  the victim negates their voice and the criminal remains in the shadows. Domestic violence is the monster that lives under each victims bed and breathes fire into their nightmares in the form of fear, depression,  anxiety, etc. Domestic Violence doesn’t always show up in the form of cuts and bruises on our skin, no the domestic violence I have known and lived is much worse and has produced a  gaping hole in my soul. I lived in a vicious circle of being abused day in and day out, not by physical force – which in my opinion would have been way better than the EMOTIONAL pain that I endured. My domestic violent situation came in the form of venomous words that cut me deeper than any sword could slice flesh. #DomesticViolence does not discriminate against creed nor color, it will not avoid any specific economic class. DV is kin of assault, harassment and even murder and the majority of the ti

Mariah, Don't Let Your Attitude Defeat Your Purpose!!

All throughout my childhood, adolescence and even now that I am a grown adult with children my mother still tells me " Don't Let Your Attitude Defeat Your Purpose!" I never really understood what she meant until I was out in the world, on my own and responsible for making the decisions that have absolutely shaped my life today. What the phrase "Don't let your attitude defeat your purpose" means is to not permit any form of negativity to let you lose sight of what you want to achieve in your life! If you want to land that promotion at work you will not achieve it by sitting around thinking about how difficult or impossible it is to attain - you can achieve it by changing your can'ts into cans. Anything is attainable and within your reach as long as you believe it is!